Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Poop baby, POOP!

So my little man did not poop at ALL yesterday, but was trying with all of his might. When this morning rolled around, there was a little bit of poop in his diaper but not much, and he was still uncomfortable. :( It broke my heart. I put him in his pooping chair - which is actually his kicking coaster, but it is his favorite place to do his business. And he just turned red and held his breath and pushed to no avail. So I tried to give him some water, and he would have none of that. So then, I read that gently wiggling around a thermometer up his butt might do the trick. So I got ready. Got the vaseline, wipes, everything I thought I needed. I was just praying he didn't explode in my face. So I went to work. He was not a happy camper, but then I think he caught on to what I was trying to do, and he started pushing. Either that, or he was trying to get the thermometer out of his behind. Either way, out came the poop. Slowly, but surely. I was so excited, I started cheering him on! A LOT of poop came out, and it smelled just like bananas. Now I am so down on myself for giving him so much bananas the other day. He loved them, and he wanted more so I gave them to him! Ugh, no one told me that they would clog the little guy up. I have learned my lesson. Never bananas twice a day again!

This is one of those things I just can't discuss with people who do not have children, because they just don't understand the happiness, relief, and regret I have over this one situation! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment